Registers of Weddings, Baptisms and Burials at Keighley Parish Church began in April 1562. The last burial was in 1936, when the churchyard became full and was closed by Order of the Privy Council. Registers of Weddings since 16th August 1952 and Baptisms since 1st July 1962 are kept in Church. Earlier registers, along with all burials, are kept by the Bradford Archive Service.
In the Church is a grave-slab discovered in foundations of the original Church when it was demolished, dating from the early 12th Century; there are also two grave-slabs dated about 1450 for Gilbert Kyghlay de Utlay and his wife Margaret (nee Copley) and another lady of the Copley family. The earliest gravestone in the churchyard is dated 1690. The Church does not possess records of the graves in the Churchyard.
Keighley Local Studies Library and Bradford Local Studies Library offer family and local history resources for the Bradford Metropolitan District and the West Yorkshire region. They have a wide range of material including books and maps, plus free access to several genealogy and historical newspaper websites.
Copyright © 2016 - Keighley Shared Church
Website design by Keighley & Ilkley VCA